Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

DAY6 “Letting Go” and album DAYDREAM Review


DAY6 news

Hello Kpoppers of the vast internet,

I am here again to bring you updates on the latest music from the Kpop world. So here is the new music!

Rookie group DAY6 just came out with their new mini album DAYDREAM. I love the theme continuing in their albums, The Day and DAYDREAM. It is cute and I love it.

Daydream EP Cover.jpg

Their lead track: “Letting Go” is full of sorrow and can be interpreted as moving on from losing a member, which is unfortunate because I liked the concept of having to keyboardist, but the show must go on and I will keep rooting for these rookies.

I like the concept they went with this time, which was a breakup song but focused on their individual instruments rather than a storyline. I found the lighting to be very interesting, to go from a whitish background to a dark blue background. I think that it shows the conflicting emotion of the song, the wanting to stay with a person versus having to leave the person because no one is happy in the 
relationship.

The emotion of the song is so peaceful and yet so heartbreaking. The harmonies in the beginning of the song were excellent, which carry over to the chorus and bridge of the song. I like that each part
I especially liked the style of shooting that they took. The members would film a certain scene and then film the same scene but doing something different and then overlapping the videos to show them at the same time. It was very interesting like it was showing their contrasting selves. Being all shades of happy or depressed.



The album overall was good too, my favorite being “Sing Me”. “Sing Me” is a soft song that grows with each beat that passes in the song, turning into a slow techno song with great vocals and rap. It has a strong bass pedal.

Ever song had a different tone and a different feeling, from sad and broken hearted to getting over something with courage or confidence to good mid-tempo dance song that can bring the listener to their feet. “Blood” is the song that I would describe as the mid-tempo dance song, which does remind me a bit of Maroon 5. It really gets the blood going! (Sorry, bad pun.)

“Wish” is another song that can get the audience up on their feet, with an uplifting beat that would make people wish they can capture something that seems unobtainable in life. Then there is “Hunt”, which is a jazzy, upbeat 80s rock and roll song mixed with a surf-like song. It has all of the good components from each song in this song. It doesn’t sound as cheesy as most surfing songs sound like. “First Time” is the song I would describe as the confident, break-up song.

Overall, I like the album and even bought it. The songs are good when driving, especially when played softly. (Which is something that I have been doing over the past couple days).

Below is a link to their video!

(Taken from DAY6's official youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-1TGNmQqZA)

Please show DAY6 some love!

Comment below if your liking this rookie group!

Until Next time,
~Andie


No comments:

Post a Comment