Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Infinite: Infinite Only and "The Eye" MV Review



Infinite Only album and MV Review

Hello my fellow Kpoppers of the Vast Internet.

Inspirit! It may be a new year and I know that I haven't been updating, but I want to go back and review infinite's album "Infinite Only". The boys worked so hard for this comeback I just had to write about it.

Music Video

The MV was so sad and powerful, with the members, who we assume have died for some reason, trying to save L ( Myungsoo) from committing suicide. Like Sunggyu, keeping him from going to the light, Hoya fighting him, Woohyun comforting him. Sungyeol pulling into the closet and being scared together. L is going through a turmoil of emotions, like fighting his way through "the eye" of an emotional storm, trying to find resolve and forgiveness. There is so much symbolism is the MV that it creates an emotional response from the audience. To root for L and to feel his pain with him. I love the differnce in the lighting between the scenes as well as L's acting, it was soooo moving!


(Taken from https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEIZ-l8oh8)

Album


The album was sooooo different than their last albums, including the title song "The Eye". The introduction "Eternity" is a great instrumental song that matched the mood of the album well, capturing parts of "The Eye".

"The Eye", the title track is a mix of a wild west sound with EDM and string instruments. The dance is so cool, especially with the, not one, but two dance breaks in the song! It was so refreshing to see infinite try something else! It is a difficult dance to learn because it seems that some of the dance is offbeat compared to some of their other big hits. As a side note I am thrilled to see Sungjong featured in the front dancing more. He dances really well besides Hoya during the chorus. It seems that the song and dance fit to Sungjong! :-D

Next is the song " Air". I like that is goes from a soft beginning with Hoya singing to EDM and then Sunggyu singing. The song prepares you to get up and dance (at least thats how I felt). I am also pleased with Sungjong's presences in the song, following in almost a rap style after Dongwoo, who always slays with the rap sections!

"One Day" again begins with Hoya followed by L and Sungyeol is full of very sweet singing. While listening, it feels almost like a confession song (I didn't look at the lyrics for this song) with the chorus containing strong vocals from Woohyun and Sunggyu.
Related image

(:https://www.soompi.com/2016/10/25/infinite-synchronized-ever-dance-practice-video-eye/)

"True Love" feels groovy, starting slow and then turning the heat. I love the harmonies thoughout the song. It feels like how a first true love feels like, a little slows and then moving quicker. The song even feels a little sexy to me. The vocalizations throughout give the last bit of "umph" the song needed.

OK, I have to admit, I am a sucker for sad ballads, so listening to Monologue is one of my favorites from the album. Its not necessarily that the song is sad, but listening to the lyrics (or reading along with the song in other langauges cases) it can bring tears to your eyes. The guitar solo in the middle is a perfect match for the song. And Dongwoo's part at the end was pure perfection! Loved it! I think that the song is dedicated to inspirits, giving back the love and support they have also shown infinite.

I think "Zero" is my favorite song of the album. It has the same infinite feel that fans look for in the album. Sunggyu and Woohyun great voices displayed well.

Overall, all of the members impressed me this album, becoming more present throughout the album, bring new music to satisfy fans and root even harder for them!

What'd you guys think of the album? Was there a song that stuck out to you? Let me know what you think!

Also is a link to their MV " The Eye" below.



Until next time!
~Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment