Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Vixx EP "Hades" Review

Vixx EP Hades

Review of Hades EP and "Fantasy" Music Video

Hello Kpoppers of the vast internet!

Starlights! The Kings are back with a new dark concept. They finally released the music video for "Fantasy" today!

With the teaser pictures they released leading up to their concert and the release of the EP, they really look like they could be Princes of Hades.

(http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/31/vixx-announces-comeback-next-release-conception-trilogy/)

"Fantasy" is strangely and darkly catchy. At first, I couldn’t comprehend what I was listening to, but it was so intriguing that I had to have another listen. After another listen I liked it, especially after having watched the mv earlier this morning. 

The EP includes three songs: Fantasy, Love Me Do, and 나비 흐과 (Butterfly Effect). All three songs were co-written by Ravi. I am continuously surprised by Ravi’s musical ability because of his diversity in songs. He helped write a dark ballad, a catchy slow EDM song, and a sweet slow song, not to mention he also co-wrote the songs for Zelos as well. Way to go Ravi!!

Fantasy has a dark piano introduction with a husky-toned Ravi and sweet adlib from Leo to begin the song out. Ken’s deep voice back to Leo’s high tone. I really like Hongbin's and Hyuk's part, playing off each other. Then at the end with N's beautiful voice with sorrow or desperation,it's just... ah... It's a good way to end the song. 

All of the songs have a certain appeal. Fantasy has a certain dark vibe that makes you want to listen to it continuously. I like Love Me Do because of the addictive to the catchy beat. Then Butterfly Effect has a particular slowness to it that you could take a stroll while listening to the beautiful notes that each member sings in the song.

The Music Video was released today, which is super epic. I love the dark background with the vines and them dancing in the woods. They really do look like they are in the underworld and roaming around in that realm, dwelling on a love that could not be. I like the outfits too, even though they stuck with black and white outfits. Compared to Dynamite, not quite as colorful. 

I am not a big fan of the choreography for this music video. Maybe because I didn't see a lot of choreography compared to other videos or what. I think if I saw them perform it on MusicBank or M Countdown! I might change my mind... There were some interesting dance moves, but it looked kind of complicated in the MV. 

Here's the link to the music video. 



(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuaRdAozUI0)

What did you think of it? Comment below!


~Andie

P.S. UPDATE 11/15/16: I have to admit, after watching them perform the song live and dance, the dance grew on me, but it is still not my favorite dance sadly. I think the "Love Me Do" dance is one of my favorites. 




No comments:

Post a Comment